Last Friday night we lit Hoxton Square's Underbelly on fire again as the EQ @ Underbelly night continued it's monthly party in celeberation of all things hot pop, electro and nu-retro – courtesy of Team EQ.
Here are some photos from the night taken by Lubert Daz, Charlotte Jefferson, Marta Musial and Megs.
A few highlights:
- Everyone seemed especially taken with Temposhark's new songs and new sound. The band gave an excellent 30 minute set and performed their new single "The World Does Not Revolve Around You".
- Gia Mellish got a little witchy when peforming "Confidentially" and wow'd the crowd with her cover of Five Star's "The Slightest Touch" and new track "Candy Cakes".
- Every boy and girl in the club was in love with Sam Taylor – He easily made 200 new fans on the night with his performance of "Belief", "Communication" and "Talk Me Down".
- Boyde opened the show and his new songs sound amazing – we can't wait to hear the recorded versions when they are finished – he's one to watch!
- Candy Shop gave a high velocity performance – proving they are a force to be reckoned with in the land of girl groups.
- Nelson Clemente dedicated "You Me Us We" to myself and Geri – aww sweet! He also left us a ton of promo CDs too that we'll be slipping to people over the next month!
- Miss Lynsey closed out the show packed with her nifty graphics and high energy performance of "Ready 4 More" and the electro-tastic "Wired".
- Spotted in the audience…EMI and Warner Bros were in the house alongside some of EQ's fave new artists including Dean Lennon, The Good Natured, Red Blooded Women, Melnyk, Tonic, Discotheque and Ian Brearley.
- Special thanks to Team EQ for making the night as special as it was – DJ Adamix, Mandy, Madison, Fady, Samantha, A Crowd Electric and Miss Lynsey – you guys are the greatest!
Stay tuned for video footage as it becomes available and don't forget our next night is on June 26th and stars Dolly Rockers, Dean Lennon, Ky Ismet, Madison, ElectraCute, Waterson, MaJiKer, State City Disco and Tenek!
Don't miss it – RSVP now on Facebook.