So yes, EQ is looking for some special new Content Interns to help us write and to help us grow our online music brand in 2011.
We've come to the conclusion that in order to grow, we can't do everything ourselves anymore, so we are looking for a few sassy and brilliant individuals around the globe who are passionate about online music promotion who would like to help us grow EQ over a six month period.
We can't yet afford to pay interns, but we think you'll find the experience extremely rewarding in other ways. Being an intern for EQ means that you can "choose your own adventure" in the digital music promotion space whether it be interviewing your favorite musicians or helping a new pop or electronic band/artist you really believe in find a new audience. You'll soon turn into what we like to call, a "guestlist bitch" too gaining free entry to lots to fun music shows and events.
We are here to help you grow and develop your skills.
What are we looking for you ask?
- At least one Content Intern located in or close to London, New York City, Los Angeles, Berlin and Stockholm to write about new emerging pop and electronic artists, cover local gigs, shows and special events and help with special music-related assignments as needed.
- People with passion who want to be involved in helping grow an online music brand. We need folks who are ideas focused and passionate about digital online promotion.
- Content Interns will need to be proficient in HTML and blogging platforms and be familar (or at least dangerous enough) with content digital creation programs such as Photoshop, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Audacity and Soundforge.
- Each Content Intern will be responsible for writing at least one blog a week on EQ whether it be an album review, video review, gig review, new artist discovery or editorial about something EQ or music related.
- People who aren't afraid to work – although you'll never be asked to make photocopies or to fetch us coffee, you may have to transcribe the odd interview or two or maybe put together a feature involving multiple digital assets.
- Having a good reliable smartphone is essential to capture content. We capture most of our interview content using an iPhone 4 actually.
What will I get out of being an intern for EQ?
- Experience in social media and community building.
- Experience working for a growing online music brand with international recognition.
- Free music, free gigs, free swag and a letter of recommendation upon completion of your six month internship, pending you do a good job for us.
- Outstanding candidates will be asked to continue their involvement with EQ after their six month internship.
How do I apply? This sounds like it's for me.
- Submit a guest blog with a minimum of at least 3 or 4 paragraphs about one of your favorite new musicians to [email protected] so we can get a sense of your writing style.
- If we like your writing style, we'll setup a phone interview to get to know you.
- If we approve of the phone interview, we'll let you know if you got the job! You'll then be given an EQ email address and be featured in the Contact Us section of EQ. From there, the world of online digital pop and electronic music is your oyster. You're only job then is to impress us with a blog once a week and to complete special assignments when given.