A few years ago, we ran a theme song contest for anyone, anywhere to submit a theme song to represent EQ Music Blog for an entire year and the results were rather cool! Electrovamp took home the winning prize and had their song “Electroqueer” featured for well over a year on EQ Music Blog. You also could hear the song on many audio interviews and “Electroqueer” earned the accolade of being the most downloaded song on our first compilation album “This Beat Is Poptronik – Volume One”.
Van Go Lion also submitted an amazing track called “We Don’t Miss A Beat” which ended up being released as a single and was included on the compilation as well.
Well, as we are currently prepping the release of “This Beat Is Poptronik – Volume Two” we’d thought it would be fun to run a new EQ Music Theme Song contest for 2013 to see who is out there, making brilliant music that could use a little bit of exposure.
Here are the rules for he 2013 EQ Music Theme Song Contest:
- DEADLINE: One winner will be chosen and all entries must be received by February 3rd 2012.
- The winning song will have their track included on “This Beat Is Poptronik – Volume Two”.
- The winner will also be interviewed on EQ Music Blog and have their song featured on EQ Music Blog for a year.
- Anyone is eligible to send in tracks – major label or indie artist.
- The winner agrees to let EQ Music use their song for promotional purposes
- Songs must be sent in a .zip file to [email protected]
- Songs must be an original, new production with reference to “EQ Music Blog and/or Poptronik” as the inspiration.
- All entrants agree to have their song featured on EQ Music Blog regardless if they are chosen as the overall winner
Sounds like fun?! It is! We love hearing how the EQ community of artists and readers interpret their experience on our digital publication.
You’ve got a month! Let’s see what you can come up with!